December 4, 2020
Gitxsan Child & Family Services Society (GCFSS) is considered an essential service; we operate under stringent policies, procedures and protocols and adhere to the provincial health orders of British Columbia in order to maintain the health and safety of our children, families and employees.
GCFSS Management is responsible for the safety, security and wellbeing of all of our employees and have ensured that all staff are equipped with work cell phones, laptops and other necessary equipment required to fulfil job expectations from the safety of their homes. Frontline staff have access to sanitized vehicles for program and service delivery to our five member communities, where access is granted.
Based on the recent restrictions announced by the Provincial Health Officer; GCFSS staff will continue operating safely by:
- Working from home three days per week and working in the office two days per week as scheduled and coordinated by the Management team, reducing the number of employees accessing our six offices throughout the territory;
- All employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when delivering programs and services to our clientele, be it in community, in transit or in public areas;
- All staff are required to follow appropriate hygiene practices, up to and including consistent hand washing and sanitation of work stations;
- The Management team has taken extra precautions to ensure all GCFSS buildings, fleet and equipment are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis, and have implemented rotational shifts of sanitation crews;
- GCFSS employees are expected to wear a mask in all public areas, and are expected to have their temperature checked by a designated employee at the front entrance of all GCFSS buildings;
- Travel restrictions are to be followed by all employees as outlined within the most recent provincial health orders of British Columbia;
- All staff are required to self-disclose to their direct supervisor if they show any symptoms, have left the Northern Health Region, or have been in direct or indirect contact with anyone who has been confirmed a COVID-19 carrier by the public health authority.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
NOTICE is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the members of the Gitxsan Child & Family Services Society (the “Society”) initially scheduled for the 25th day of November 2020 has been rescheduled for the 18th day of February 2021 at the hour of 10:00 AM with Zoom access granted to registered members who register with Val by 4:30PM Tuesday February 16th 2021.